A residential move is one of the most stressful and disruptive events we experience in life. Suddenly we feel everything we’ve worked for in life will be at risk of being lost or damaged not to mention the inconvenience and stress of the event. The best way to manage this risk and disruption is to hire a quality professional mover that cares.
There are tried and true practices and methodologies moving companies have used for decades to assure a quality residential moving experience. Movers know how to reduce the risk of loss or damage to your household goods and possessions. Therefore, you can feel comfortable and less stressed knowing you have an expert moving company and crew doing the job.
· Call at least 4 weeks before your move if you can. This will allow time for planning and the scheduling of a top quality truck and crew.
· Does your mover have an affiliation with a well respected national or international moving company?
· Has your mover careful inspected and assessed all the items that will be move. This tells the mover what kind of materials and equipment needed to provide a great move?
· Has your mover provided a detailed, comprehensive and accurate price quote so there are no surprises along the way. Be sure to ask if there will be any “extra” charges.
· If the company is providing insurance ask exactly what it covers and how much it will pay in case of damage or a loss.
· Careful planning is the key to a successful residential move. Setting deadlines and understanding any special requirements related to your move is very important.
· Will you need any special packing for bulky or valuable items?
· Should you hire expert packers to wrap, box or crate your belongings for the move?
· If this is a long distance move will the crew at your destination be as quality and service minded as the crew that packed and loaded your belongings at the start?
· Finally, is your carrier licensed and insured?
· Check the Internet for reviews on the company you are considering.
· Ask your representative for testimonial letters.
· Ask to see the company’s license and insurance certificate.
· If you feel you are being pressured into signing a contract find a different mover.
· If the price is too good to be true it probably is.
· Does your mover have the highest rating by the Better Business Bureau?
If your thinking of moving yourself get a quote moving may not cost as much as you think. Moving is time consuming and when moving yourself it is likely you will have some damage to your belongings. When you add all this up in may be more that worth it to hire a professional mover.
“I am an interior designer and recently referred Brandon to a client who needed items stored and then moved cross country several months later. She was thrilled with the whole process. Friendly, courteous movers, a very fair rate and careful, cleanly service. I will definitely continue to refer you to future clients.” Piper, May 2015
The key to experiencing a great move is directly related to experience and planning provided by your moving company. Brandon Transfer and Storage is a quality company you can trust with your move. Founded in 1919 we have the skill, experience and service focus you need.
Serving West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter and Wellington, Florida